Thursday, January 28, 2010

The only struggle

Now that the season is up and going the urgency to fill in and complete the WHWG show is pressing on us. Along with the lack of tarp time (only 45 mins Tuesday-Friday) there is another struggle the members and I am faced with...

The girls learning how to learn from me.

With not much time the girls must try to pick up my choreography as well as teaching style. I move quickly and do not put a lot of details in at the beginning. I like to show them the BIG PICTURE of the movement and watch to see what their bodies naturally do with it. I believe the work will end up looking and feeling more organic for the girls. However, I don't have enough time to really let work develop that way and the girls very much want to know the details.

On top of all this, this year is their first year spinning saber. The girls are learning how to handle a new piece of equipment while learning a new choreographer at the same time. I feel for the girls right now. But I believe in them, they will do great.

I tell them each day, there is 1 goal - To be better than yesterday.

With that in mind and the girls buying into it more and more I cant wait to see how they look by the end of the season. Beautiful...elegant...poised...confedent...

No comments:

Post a Comment