Friday, January 8, 2010

Nebraska Winter Guard

I know we all tend to know those who are in our circuit or the big name writers/designers for the World Classes. But I am very excited/honored/blessed to have gotten the chance to work with someone outside of my circuit. Julie H. from Nebraska. She is a person I hope to continue to work with and learn from.

Julie and I had a common "friend" and we met at the St. Louis Regional last season and she invited me up to help with a couple winter guards she works with. As this season was about to get started I wondered if she remembered me and still wanted me to come up to help....Then the text! The official invitation to come up and help her with 2 of her winter guards.
I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Excited because I love working and learning from new people. Taking advice and knowledge from them and helping them with what I know. Nervous because I felt like I was, even in a very small way, representing MO and MCCGA. While on Pride (of MSU) John would always tell us when we traveled places that we were representing MSU as well as the Pride. I keep that in my mind always.

When I got up there...there was SNOW! 2 feet of snow actually.




Working with her 2 groups was a blast, the girls we wonderful to teach, and spending time with Julie was fun as well. The 2 groups have 2 very different shows and they really seem to fit them, which I believe will add to their success. One group had some beautiful dancers while the other group rocked my face off on equipment! 2 winter guard camps I am so thankful to have been a part of.
I was up in Nebraska for New Years Eve and it was a perfect girls night. Watching True Blood and relaxing after 2 solid days of winter guard camp. Just what I needed.
I wish both of her groups luck, Seward and Bellevue East...I hope you have GREAT seasons and I will see you at the KC Regional!




No comments:

Post a Comment