Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dedication

A couple weeks ago something that has never happened to me, as an Instructor, actually happened. A girl on my guard was injured! Like....really bad.

It is a long story, one that I feel like I have told a million times because everyone wants to know what happened. But to make a long story short, one of our best middle school girls broke a growth plat while she was doing the splits. Crazy!

This girl is nothing like I have ever taught before in my life. I am going on 8 years of teaching color guard now....and she is amazing. Completely fearless and dedicated to the team and the activity. She practices all the time and after only a couple months on rifle...can throw a quad. And not like what you might be thinking...were she just chucks it up in the air. She has perfect technique! Perfect.

She had a solo in the show....a nice triple, very exciting for a Middle School show. So, we had to have someone else step up and do it while she is out. But, one of our 7th graders rose to the challenge.

I know is she bumbed out....having to be out of the show...but she comes to all the practices and cheers on her team! Like I said....she is unlike anyone I have ever taught before in my life!

Extraordinary at the age of 13!

Here she is, the first practice after getting hurt!





And the entire team cant wait to have her back. They were all very worried for her, I know.





Every day we have rehearsal, I look forward to seeing these 25 girls. They are wonderful to work with and practice so hard. We give them a 10 min break, they take 2 and then practice on their own. I look forward to seeing how they will turn out by the end of the season. It will be great, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment