Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Work Out

We told the guard girls this year we would be adding a free weights exercise to their warm up process this year. They were all very excited and when they found out their uniforms were sleeveless this year....some were even asking when we could start!

This morning was our first day of the new exercise and I think it went GREAT. All of the girls were able to have weights and they started "feeling the burn" just mid way through it! Laurissa and I had fun doing it too! Cheering on the girls made it feel easy. I guess we will see how I feel tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing how this effects our girls upper body strength. I'm hoping it really improves our tosses and catches, but I hope more than just those things are effected. Ill let you know if a month or so. : )

All in all....great practice this morning. Fun even at 6:30 in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment