Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bad Ju-Ju?

Can this be possible? Can it really be here? The thing that every Pride member dreads!!!!

The Cursed Nixa Show!

For many years the amazingly wonderful, kick butt, throwing babies off the balcony, Independent Open Class, Pride of MSU Winter Guard has been cursed with a really BAD performance at the Nixa show! Every year we would swear to break the cycle and never really seemed to do so!

I remember my first year having a guard perform at the dreaded show and wondered if the bad ju-ju would follow me and haunt my sweet Middle School and later Regional A guard.

It didn't seem too!

Then I started looking at my fellow Pride age outs and their guards...the curse didn't seem to follow them to their guards either! Whew! I guess the panic can be over!

OH BUT WAIT!

This isn't only the Nixa show this year. This is the WMS WG first show EVER. Before, when I brought my guards to the show down in Nixa, MO I had the Eureka show prior to it to get out the first time jitters.

But not this time.

What is it about that place that makes me worry so? Is it the bad ju-ju, the curse, the memories of poor performance past whispering to me? I just don't know! What I do know is, come Saturday I will be a wreck on the inside...calm in front of my wonderful guard girls...but still holding back some crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment