Friday, December 14, 2012

First Ever!

Tomorrow with be the first ever Odessa Color Guard Spin Clinic for students in 3rd - 6th grade!

When I first decided to do this new fundraiser I really didn't know what to expect. Working at both the Upper Elementary I knew I could get the word around well. At OUE I showed the 2008 Odessa Winter Guard show to each of my classes and at the Middle School I put an announcement in. I made the best effort I knew I could....but still didn't know how many kids would actually be interested enough to come in on a Saturday and learn to spin flag.

We ended up with 40 kids signing up for the clinic! A few more than I had anticipated for the very first year. So much so, that there wasn't enough fabric at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby or Michael's when we went to get poly china silk to make little flags for the kids. Chris had to go down town for me and get full bolts of fabric! But, it was worth it because it was EXACTLY like the High School flag silks and I know the little kids will love that.

The first time is always pretty scary! I am really not sure what to expect tomorrow.....but I know the kids will be excited and CUTE! We have a hand full of High School kids coming to help so that is good. Parents are bringing snacks to make the time even more enjoyable. And my mom will be there! : )

Check back for pics of the clinic!

No comments:

Post a Comment