Monday, September 26, 2011

Finally Back

It has been a WHILE since I have been able to post. But I am back....Finally!

Since the last update...winter guard for Willard was just crazy busy and the season flew by. Both the Middle School and the High School had great seasons.....both finishing 2nd in their class and receiving the Silver Medal! I hope the girls were happy with how the season finished up....I know I was very proud of both groups.

After the winter guard season the decision for me to move to KC was made.....which made things even more frantic and busy. With the move coming up I really didn't have a guard lined out to work with so I didn't have much to post at the time. There were a few programs that may have had openings, but I just had to wait till I was actually up in KC and could meet with people.

During the summer I spent my time moving.....one on my least favorite things to do. But I also was able to work with Lindsey Hansen on a couple of her guards. I was able to help her out with the Blue Springs Color Guard and the Webb City Color Guard....which was more fun then I even anticipated! Lots of energy and enthusiasm working with a designer like Lindsey, I hope to do it again next summer!

I also worked with the Salem Color Guard again this summer. This was my 3rd season with them. Each year gets better and better and I am looking forward to seeing how they are next year.

By the end of the summer I was asked to come on staff at Park Hill South to help with their color guard. The band director there has been there now for 3 years and is taking them in a great direction. I am having a great time working with him as well as the color guard sponsor.

The girls are great as well....energetic and willing to work! I have high hopes for them and some big dreams for their future seasons!

That's about it for now. Good Luck to all the Marching programs and their seasons this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment